Salary = £22k – £25k per annum pro rata
Part Time, Permanent – Flexible working pattern
Due to continuing growth and significant investment in talent, this industry leading fuel and fuel-related engineering business has an exciting opportunity for a Finance Assistant
The role will report to the Finance Manager and will be responsible for the smooth running of the day-to-day operations of the finance function.
Apart from the inherent financial aspects, it is clearly expected that this role has a high element of involvement in the operation of the business. Responsiveness to all stakeholders, clarity in communication and adherence to deadlines are of key importance.
Key Work Areas
· Financial accounting (General Ledger, BS, P&L etc)
· Revenue and costs control and analysis
· Banking and creditor payments
· Ensure a high level of involvement and communication with all departments.
· Daily reconciliation of transactions through the Company’s financial system, Xero.
· Purchase ledger control including purchase orders, supplier payments, and transaction reconciliation.
· Sales ledger control including raising daily sales invoices and credit control.
· Preparation of weekly payment runs for Director approval.
· Support management accounting process including accruals, prepayments, analytical review, and preparation for monthly FSCP.
· Upkeep and maintain integrity of financial systems.
· Management of Company expense system
· Support preparation of detailed financial reporting and analysis
· Ideally experience to AAT level or QBE
· Experience in a busy accounts department with knowledge of accounting processes and software, specifically with Xero
· Industry experience (not essential)
· Strong organizational skills with ability to manage a diverse list of tasks
· Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to persuade and influence
· Committed, enthusiastic and able to use initiative to drive the business forward